required field must not be blank.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

6 hours later....

....I'm in Seattle.  How refreshing.  I feel in Canada already.  I'm going to walk to the waterfront and then have some Thai food.  How many times do I need to be reminded that I need to live by the ocean?????!!!! 

Talking to the Punjabi taxi driver, I found out he has relatives close (very close) to where I used to live in England.  All of a sudden I feel like the Midwest is some sort of untamed frontier, where civilization has not yet developed.  I'd say Pleistocene at most.  Populated by Neanderthals.  I have a nasty feeling I'm mixing epochs as if I'm preparing some wonderful "sex on the beach" cocktail, but I don't care. 

Oh, I did not even have to spell my name, these people apparently "get" it.  And nobody asked me about my accent either!  I don't stick out anymore!!!!  I DON'T WANNA GO BACK....  :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment